Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Heather has Spoke'n

Heather Berlowitz and I bond over bikes among many other things. We've shared biking joys and biking traumas. She totally understands what it is like to be in love with a bike. I wasn't surprised when she wrote me, "My cause of the moment is Bikes Not Bombs in Jamaica Plain, Mass. They re-furbish donated bikes and sell them at an awesome community bike shop. They employ at-risk kids as mechanics and customer assistants. And...their bikes are great--very unique and high-quality. I commute on mine everyday. They advocate for cycling and for kids--a winning combination. Unfortunately, sales of bikes don't come close to covering costs. They organize a huge community bike ride every year to raise $$$ and they take donations. I've donated my old bike (not the Trek, don't worry...) and I'll donate $40..."

They do so many cool things locally and abroad.



No comments: